National Institute of Technology, Patna, NIT Patna, NITP, Bihar /
Bihar College of Engineering / Regional Engineering College (REC) Jamshedpur
Year of Establishment :
The National Institute of Technology Patna (NITP), previously Bihar School of Engineering and Bihar College of Engineering, is the sixth oldest engineering college of India.Renamed as NIT, Patna by the Government of India on January 28, 2004.
The institute was established in 1886 as a survey training school and later was renamed to Bihar College of Engineering in 1900. It was again renamed as Bihar College of Engineering in 1932.
Regional Engineering College (REC) Jamshedpur was separated from Bihar state after formation of the new state of Jharkhand in 2000. In 2004 the Government of India raised the college to National Institute of Technology (NIT) status.
College Grade / Ranking :
The sixth oldest engineering college of India. ( Established in 1886 )
Bihar College of Engineering was the first institute to be directly upgraded to NIT status.
In 2007, it was granted Institute of National Importance status in accordance with the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
The Institute campus is 8 Km from the Patna junction railway station and 20 Km from the Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport, Patna. Rs.65 is the auto fare from nit patna to patna railway station.
Courses / Departments :
|Branch / Course||Intake||Course Start Year|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||60|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60|
Student Societies @ NIT Patna :
The institute recognizes four major societies namely:
1) Cultural Society - This society organizes the cultural festival ' Melange '.
2) Outdoor Society - The outdoor society conducts all field events like Cricket, Football, Volley ball, Javelin throw, and also includes the Athletic Society under its realms.
3) Common Room Society - The common room society schedules a range of indoor games competitions.
College Campus :
NIT Patna functions from a 40 acres campus along Ashok Rajpath, a part of which has been encroached upon. Land for a new, spacious campus, a 100 acres plot, has been assigned by The Government of Bihar at Amhara village in Bihta, around 40 km from Patna.
College Fees :
For Degree Engineering ( B.E. ) Course Fees are :
The Institute maintains a central Library which has over 50,000 books and about 1,100 internationally acclaimed e-journals and works for about 10 hrs per day.
The Central Library has a different e-resource section at the ground floor, a study section at the first floor and a separate section for computer related books at the second floor.
Festivals / College Events :
1) Melange - The annual cultural festival of NIT Patna has gradually developed into one of the major youth festival of this region. Every January, Melange provides a platform for students across the institute.
2) Corona - The annual technical event of NIT Patna, Corona has developed into one of the leading technical fest of the country. The latest edition attracted participants from over 150 institutes from across the country, thus making it the largest technical fest of Bihar and Jharkhand.
This event is solely managed by students. Corona provides opportunity for aspiring scientists and managers alike.
Campus Placements :
National Institute of Technology, Patna
Ashok Raj Path,
Patna - 800005
Patna - 800005
Tel : +91 0612 237 1715 / 237 2715 / 237 1929
237 0419 / 237 0843 / 237 1930
Fax : +91 0612 2670631 / 0612 2660480
National Institute of Technology, Patna Website : www.nitp.ac.in
Email : email@example.com
Opinion / Review :