Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC), Bandra
Year of Establishment :
The college was founded in 1983 by Hyderabad Sind National Collegiate Board and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
TSEC is the first college ever in the University of Mumbai to start courses in Biomedical Engineering (1983), Computer Engineering ( 1984 ), Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering ( 1984 ), Information Technology (1998 ) and Biotechnology ( 2004 ).
The management is run by the Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board. The college shares the campus with very famous R.D. National College. The College has 51% reserved seats for the minority Sindhi community.
College Grade / Ranking :
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC), is located on the famous Bandra Linking Road.
→ Western Railway Line - Bandra Station ( Approx. 15 minutes walking distance from Bandra Station and Khar Station )
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC), has 51% reserved seats for the minority Sindhi community. The admission for other seats are through CAP Rounds based on MH – CET Score.
1) Undergraduate Admissions – ( Bachelor of Engineering - B.E. ) :
TSEC admits students for undergraduate programs based on their scores in the MH-CET (Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test).
2) Postgraduate Admissions - ( Master of Engineering M.E. ) :
Admissions for postgraduate programs are through GATE Score (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) or sponsorship. TSEC offers M.E. courses in Computer Engineering started in year 2004 with Intake capacity of 25 students.
Upto 5% Seats of Sanctioned Intake are offered towards Non Residential Indians (NRI) under Institute Quota.
Courses / Departments :
|Branch||Course||Intake||Course Start Year|
|BIOM||Bio - Medical Engineering||30||1983|
|EXTC||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||60||1949|
|BIOTECH||Bio - Technology||30||2004|
Student Societies @ TSEC :
1) TSEC Students' Council
2) TSEC Sports Committee
College Campus :
The college shares the campus with sister institutions like R.D. National College, M.M.K. College of Commerce and G.J. Advani Law College. Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC) has two buildings. The new building is one of the tallest & has plenty of space. Classrooms are non AC. The college has its own ground in the same campus.
TSEC Seminar hall : Two seminar Halls with audio - visual systems and having a capacity of 125 seats each.
Wi-fi and Leased line of 8 Mbps Internet enabled campus.
Canteen facility for hygienic and cost effective food.
Spacious student lounge and libraries, Courteous and caring auxiliary staff.
College Fees :
For Degree Engineering ( B.E. ) Course Fees is :
→ Rs. 1,03,006 per year
→ The NRI quota students usually pay five times the above fee.
Synapse - (TSEC magazine)
TSEC is having very spacious Library having more than 30000 technical books. The library subscribes to various Journals / Periodicals & magazines. At present there are subscriptions to 122 magazines including national and international journals.
The College has also joined e-resources (International Journals) through INDEST / SD – AICTE consortium in effect to make easy academic research in the campus. Digital library practices are getting strengthened and library is getting fully computerized and it is giving Open Access.
Festivals / College Events :
1) 'TRIFLES , CARMA' - This are inter-collegiate festival of TSEC. The main attraction of Trifles is its pro-nights. Carma is managed by Ms-Tsec.
2) 'Avalanche & Lakshya' - Avalanche & Lakshya are the intra collegiate festival of TSEC. Avalanche is held in odd semester whereas Lakshya is held in even semesters & managed by ms-tsec. Speaktacular is one of the biggest debate contest in Mumbai. Avalanche serves as a platform for the juniors to take up diverse management positions.
3) 'ISAAC' - It is yearly inter-colleg technical festival of IEEE-TSEC, held in the month of September. It is the major & perhaps the biggest technical festival under University of Mumbai.
4) 'Rubix, Reflection & Newton' - Rubix & Reflection are the annual inter-collegiate technical fair of CSI-TSEC & IETE-TSEC respectively. Rubix has workshops like Web 2, Linux, android, Photoshop, ethical hacking, and Animation. Rubix witnesses involvement from various nations. Newton is held in the month of February.
5) 'ASCENT' - Technical Competitions with workshops & Seminars
6) 'Spirits' - The annual cultural festival planned by TSF. It includes events like War Of Bands, Rink Football, Human Expressions, Treasured Spirits and workshops on Astrology and Enhancing Mind Power.
TSEC Placements :
TSEC has been amongst the top colleges in the city of Mumbai as far as placements go. Some of the companies frequently visiting the campus for recruiting students are Accenture, Akerkaverner, Amdocs, BASF, Cactus Communications, Capgemini, Delloite, Geodesic, HSBC, Infosys, MASTEK, NOCIL, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and many others.
Campus placement and advanced studies together amounting to 100% engagement of passing out graduates / intellectual capitals.
→ Average Salary Package : 5 lakh per year
→ Maximum Salary Package : 10 lakh per year
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC)
P.G. Kher Marg,
Off Linking Road,
Bandra - West, Mumbai - 400 050.
Tel : +91 022 2649 5808, +91 022 2604 1631
Fax : +91 022 2605 3590
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College Website : www.tsec.edu
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion / Review :